Senior National Account Manager/National Account Manager
Senior National Account Manager/National Account Manager, Sales (Spirits), The British Honey Company
We are imminently recruiting for a Senior National Account Manager/National Account Manager to join our sales team to help develop key strategic accounts across the Grocers/Multiples to align with the company’s ambitious growth plans on our Keepr’s award-winning spirits range.
We’re looking for a dynamic, driven individual with the ability to ‘open doors’ as well as increase trade with existing key customers across multiple trade channels. The role will be varied and dynamic; for a ‘make it happen person’ looking for a fast paced, exciting, challenging role in a small but rapidly expanding business where they can really make a difference and help shape its future.
The role will potentially evolve as we expand hence flexibility around management of account base will be required. It is anticipated that the SNAM/NAM will be responsible for managing 1 x premium grocery retail account, premium London retail accounts (Selfridges, Harrods, F&M etc.) with a mixture of on trade national pub groups and wholesalers.
The contract will be office based, the candidate is required to be 3 days in the office, 2 days flexible home and customer visits. Ideally, we are looking for suitable candidates based in the south east of England within a maximum 1 ½ hour radius of our Worminghall office on the outskirts of Oxford.
The SNAM/NAM will report directly into the Sales Director.
Experience required for role:
- Min 6 years experience working at NAM level within the drinks industry in the UK, ideally the successful candidate will have worked for a spirit’s company
- The successful candidate must have grocery retail experience, having been the lead NAM managing the account, with full P&L responsibility. Experience of Waitrose preferable but not essential.
- Proven track record of delivery growth on branded products
Skills the successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Understanding of the major players/trade structure within the UK BWS market
- Understanding of the current challenges that spirits companies face within the UK market
- Strategic Planning
- Strong eye for detail, articulate, must have strong commercial, numeracy & analysis skills
- Financial management – managing account P&L’s
- Top level negotiator
- Team player with the ability to think of their feet and work independently and cross functionally within a small team
- Strong communicator
- Personal planning, organization & accountability are critical.
Apply with your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org